The Accounting Services Manager will manage all phases of engagement execution and administration for consulting and accounting services engagements. This includes management of the department staff and practice development activities. This role requires a high level of skill, knowledge and experience in a broad array of accounting and finance topics including budgeting, forecasting, cost accounting, financial reporting and financial statement close processes. This role is highly complex and often faces ambiguous deliverables and works with complex information (or information that is not readily available). A high degree of autonomy, independent judgement and discretion is required. Above all, client service is paramount.
Location: San Antonio, and surrounding areas, travel is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA designation
- 5+ years recent experience in a related field
- Experience with financial reporting including extensive U.S. GAAP and limited IFRS basis accounting
- Public Accounting Experience desired
- Knowledge of accounting and operational matters for a variety of industries including manufacturing, restaurants, service organizations, non-profit organizations, oil and gas, and construction
- Knowledge of U.S. income tax and Texas margin tax rules such that CAS clients may be appropriately directed to a taxation subject-matter expert when appropriate
- Experience with cost accounting
- Excellent interpersonal communication problem solving-skills
- Manage all phases of engagement execution and administration for consulting and accounting services engagements
- Develop an understanding of our current client base and identify opportunities to cross sell consulting and accounting services
- Retain existing clients by demonstrating a client focus and sense of urgency to address client needs
- Execute engagements efficiently through monitoring engagement status regularly and proposing fees that are an effective match for the services provided
- Build relationships with clients to become a trusted member of their team
- Manage billing of CAS clients
- Lead and train team members within the CAS department
- Other duties as needed and assigned
This role will be off-site regularly for face-to-face client meetings and participation in business development activities.
ADKF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.