The Bookkeeper will work in a collaborative environment, maintain records of financial transactions to accounts and post transactions. This is a hands on role and may include consulting and financial analysis for our clients. This individual will train client personnel and ensure that state and federal payroll requirements are in compliance. A high degree of autonomy, independent judgement and discretion is required. Above all, client service is paramount.
Position Type: Full Time; Hybrid / In office
Location: San Antonio and surrounding areas; travel is required
- High school diploma/GED equivalent, some college
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in a full charge bookkeeping role
- Experience working in public accounting firm, preferred
- Experience in QuickBooks; QuickBooks Pro-Advisor desired
- Strong customer service, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Diverse background in accounting software
- Excellent computer skills to include creating backups, restoring, and making file changes
- Highly organized and communicative
- Ability to work offsite as needed with multiple clients
- Some travel required within the greater San Antonio area
- Represent firm to clients face to face, by video, and on the phone
- Strong full charge booking experience to include: creating chart of accounts and financial statements; post journal entries, accounts payable and receivable; reconcile bank, credit card, accounts payable and receivable statements; printing trial balance; 3rd party payroll; other value added reporting
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Review clients’ financials and help develop solutions
- Create journal entries to assist with clean up of client books
- Ability to work on multiple projects and client books
- Process payroll reporting in compliance with state and federal laws through quarterly and annual reports
- Ability to convert books into a QuickBooks set of books and create new companies in QuickBooks
- Prepare and train clients in all aspects of QuickBooks
- Train client personnel to maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defines bookkeeping policies and procedures
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results
- Other duties as needed and assigned
- This role will be off-site regularly for face-to-face client meetings.
ADKF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.